How are you feeling?
Gorgeous. Yes, I still might be
a bit very snotty. I may have a hacking cough that makes me sound like Dot Cotton on a bad day. But tonight Matthew, I’ll be channelling sultry silver screen goddess Veronica Lake!
It’s in the title Other Me *sighs*
What hair style are you
Veronica Lake waves.
If this hairstyle had a personality it would…
…suit a vintage loving girl on the happiest day of her life. True fact: Veronica Lake was the inspiration for my wedding hair so yes I have had this hair before.
But I feel less of a cheater because I never actually did this hair. Rather sat there where someone else did it for me while I shook like a leaf.
What do I need?
- Side part your hair. The deeper the side part = the more Veronica Lake realness you will be channelling.
- Section hair off and curl til midway up the hair. You want to curl the lower half of your head for this look
- Hold the curls around the barrel for as long as possible
- Spray the hell out of all the curls with hairspray to set
- Then gently brush the curls out into waves
- Set again with some hairspray
How long did it take?
How easy it? Could Rowan do it?
Easier than I thought. If I bodged up a curl I just let it cool then recurled.
Show us the finished product?
Pulling my best Veronica look of enigmatic bitchface. Truly VLake was a pioneer on so many levels.
Wow, resemblance is uncanny…. NOT!
‘Who is this imposter?’
But am I a hot imposter HWSNBN?
‘You look like a film star.’
Why you are doing this again?
Ridiculous self indulgence with just a smidgen of charitable impulse: