How are you feeling?
Really good. I’ve got one more day to work until Christmas. And I finally drew a hairstyle I don’t entirely suck at!
What hair style are you
failing at trying today?
True fact I didn’t know what a chignon meant before starting this challenge. I thought it was a French twist, how ignorant was I? Wikipedia font of all knowledge tells me chignon means nape of the neck. But basically its a low bun for posh people and now me!
If this hairstyle had a personality it would be…
WASPY bride at a upscale wedding whose sculpted hair perfectly matches her inherited pearls.
What do I need?
And you’ve guessed it, a ton of hairspray to ozone layer depleting levels.
- Put hair into a low ponytail
- Slide the hairband down and create a gap in the centre of the ponytail
- Thread the tail of the hair through the gap, pulling until tighten
- Backcomb your ponytail until you have crazy big hair
- Smooth the underside of your hair (the bit of the bun that will be showing)
- Wrap ponytail around your hand and tuck the ends in the hole you already created in your ponytail
- Smooth the bun
- And pin like crazy
- Spray the crap out of it.
- Pimp it up with some brooch action
How long did it take?
How easy it? Could Rowan do it?
It was fiddly particularly tucking the chignon in place. And my backcombed hair proved very resilient pushing pins out like it was a pin cushion.
I LOVE this hair. It isn’t my look, I’m not the polished neat little bun type (as you can see from the wisps emerging). But I loved how this hairstyle looked and if I am ever invited to a WASPy wedding, I know how my hair will be.
‘UGH.’ He was very hungover, bad HWSNBN.
Why you are doing this again?